Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

DIA Commander

Here is the review for D.I.A Commander Parallax upgrade kit. It's basically a trailer with armor upgrades for the classics prime. The kit came in last Friday and so far, it looks great.
Now click to read more



Well now that we have the box opened this is what the contents look inside. I admit, fansproject really makes some nice stuff and this one is just as great.
Here is inside the box:
A closer shot of the trailer:
Now we finally have the trailer outside it's packaging:
And some quick side shots:
The kit also comes with these cool rocket launchers that plug into the side of the trailer:
I think they look pretty cool and are supposed to be tributes to the original Ultra Magnus from G1.
Now that we have an idea of the trailer here is the armor on. The idea was to take a classics optimus prime and have him act as the base for the armor upgrade:
Okay, with a clear understanding how he looked before, we have the new Commander:
Yeah, I know. He looks so bad ass.
He also has this big gun:
It's pretty much useless and weighs too heavy for the hands to even support it.

In the end, the D.I.A Commander upgrade set is cool and I was able to get it for a good price. The only issue is that his chest piece is a bit loose. There is a tab that slots to the upper area and the chest springs back outward. Unfortunately the piece is wobbly so the head area tabs out sort of easily, but oh well. Also it takes quite a bit of force to cram in the pieces. I almost shat myself when I was plugging the pieces in. Especially of the horrible story of the arms having their paint scrape off during the process. I was a bit wary and was very careful when putting them on. Hopefully everything is fine. Overall, a great figure and I am glad to have it.

1 comment:

  1. I admit it does look pretty cool. I like the before and after shots.

    ReplyDelete